Form Library for IRS

1040-ESEstimated Tax for IndividualsUsed by individuals to calculate and pay their estimated tax quarterly.
1040-NRU.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax ReturnUsed by nonresident aliens to file a U.S. income tax return.
1040-SCProfit or Loss from Business (Sole Proprietorship)Used by sole proprietors to report business income and expenses.
1040-SRU.S. Tax Return for SeniorsDesigned for senior taxpayers, offering a simplified, easier-to-read format.
1040U.S. Individual Income Tax ReturnUsed by individuals to file their annual income tax return.
1040VPayment VoucherA statement you send with your check or money order for any balance due on the 'Amount you owe' line of your Form 1040 or 1040-NR.
1040XAmended U.S. Individual Income Tax ReturnUsed by individuals who need to amend a previously filed Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ.
1041U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and TrustsUsed by the fiduciary of a domestic decedent's estate, trust, or bankruptcy estate to report income, deductions, gains, losses, etc.
1098Mortgage Interest StatementUsed by mortgage lenders to report the amount of interest and related expenses paid on a mortgage.
1099-MISCMiscellaneous IncomeUsed to report various types of income other than wages, salaries, and tips.
1099-NECNonemployee CompensationUsed to report payments made to non-employees, such as independent contractors, to the IRS.
1099Miscellaneous IncomeUsed to report various types of income, such as freelance or contract work.
1116Foreign Tax CreditAllows taxpayers to claim a credit for certain foreign taxes.
1120-HU.S. Income Tax Return for Homeowners AssociationsUsed by homeowners associations to report their federal income tax.
1120U.S. Corporation Income Tax ReturnUsed by domestic corporations to report their income, gains, losses, deductions, and credits.
1310Statement of Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased TaxpayerUsed to claim a refund on behalf of a deceased taxpayer.
2106Employee Business ExpensesUsed by employees to deduct ordinary and necessary expenses related to their job.
2120Multiple Support DeclarationAllows several taxpayers who provide financial support to a dependent to agree on who will claim the dependent.
2210-FUnderpayment of Estimated Tax by Farmers and FishermenUsed by farmers and fishermen to calculate and report underpayment of estimated tax.
2210Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Individuals, Estates, and TrustsUsed to determine if an individual, estate, or trust owes a penalty for underpaying estimated tax.
2441Child and Dependent Care ExpensesUsed to calculate the tax credit for child and dependent care expenses.
2555Foreign Earned IncomeUsed by U.S. citizens and resident aliens living abroad to exclude foreign earned income and housing amounts.
2848Power of Attorney and Declaration of RepresentativeUsed to authorize an individual to represent another person before the IRS.
3468Investment CreditProvides a credit for certain investments in depreciable property.
3520Annual Return To Report Transactions With Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign GiftsUsed by taxpayers to report certain transactions with foreign trusts, receipt of certain large gifts or bequests from certain foreign persons.
3800General Business CreditUsed to figure the total amount of business credits for a tax year.
3903Moving ExpensesUsed by individuals to deduct moving expenses related to starting a new job or transferring to a new job location.
4136Credit for Federal Tax Paid on FuelsAllows taxpayers to claim a credit for certain federal excise taxes on fuels.
4137Social Security and Medicare Tax on Unreported Tip IncomeUsed by employees to report social security and Medicare taxes on unreported tip income.
4506-TRequest for Transcript of Tax ReturnUsed to request a transcript of your tax return or other tax records.
4562Depreciation and AmortizationProvides a way to claim depreciation on assets, as well as amortization on certain intangible property.
461Limitation on Business LossesUsed to calculate and report a taxpayer's limitation on business losses.
4684Casualties and TheftsUsed to report losses from casualties and thefts.
4797Sales of Business PropertyUsed for reporting the sale or exchange of property used in a trade or business.
4835Farm Rental Income and ExpensesUsed by individuals to report farm rental income based on crops or livestock produced by the tenant.
4868Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax ReturnUsed to apply for an automatic extension of time to file a U.S. individual income tax return.
4952Investment Interest Expense DeductionUsed to calculate the amount of investment interest expense that can be deducted.
5305Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees of Small Employers (SIMPLE)—Not for Use With a Designated Financial InstitutionUsed by small employers to set up a SIMPLE retirement plan that is not maintained by a financial institution.
5329Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans (Including IRAs) and Other Tax-Favored AccountsUsed to report additional taxes on IRAs, other qualified retirement plans, modified endowment contracts, and Coverdell ESAs.
5405First-Time Homebuyer Credit and Repayment of the CreditUsed to claim the first-time homebuyer credit or to report the repayment of the credit.
5500Annual Return/Report of Employee Benefit PlanUsed by employee benefit plans to report information concerning their qualification, financial condition, and operations.
5695Residential Energy CreditsUsed to calculate and claim tax credits for residential energy-efficient improvements and renewable energy equipment installations.
5884Work Opportunity CreditProvides businesses with a credit for hiring individuals from certain targeted groups who have consistently faced significant barriers to employment.
6251Alternative Minimum Tax—IndividualsUsed by individuals to figure the amount, if any, of their alternative minimum tax (AMT).
6252Installment Sale IncomeUsed to report income from an installment sale on the installment method.
6781Gains and Losses From Section 1256 Contracts and StraddlesUsed to report gains and losses from section 1256 contracts and straddles.
7004Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File Certain Business Income Tax, Information, and Other ReturnsUsed by businesses to request an automatic extension of time to file certain business income tax, information, and other returns.
706United States Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax ReturnUsed by the executor of a decedent's estate to calculate estate tax owed according to the law in effect at the date of death.
720Quarterly Federal Excise Tax ReturnUsed to report and pay federal excise taxes collected for certain goods and services.
7206Self-Employed Health Insurance DeductionIRS Form 7206 helps self-employed individuals calculate their health insurance deduction for medical, dental, and long-term care insurance for families.
8283Noncash Charitable ContributionsUsed to report information about noncash charitable contributions.
8379Injured Spouse AllocationAllows a spouse to request their portion of a joint refund when it has been applied to a past-due obligation of the other spouse.
8396Mortgage Interest CreditUsed by homeowners to claim a credit for a portion of the mortgage interest paid on a qualified home.
8453U.S. Individual Income Tax Transmittal for an IRS e-file ReturnUsed to transmit paper documents to the IRS that cannot be electronically filed along with an e-filed tax return.
8582-CRPassive Activity Credit LimitationsUsed to calculate and report limitations on credits from passive activities.
8582Passive Activity Loss LimitationsUsed by taxpayers to report passive activity loss limitations.
8606Nondeductible IRAsUsed by taxpayers to report transactions in nondeductible IRAs, including conversions from traditional to Roth IRAs.
8615Tax for Certain Children Who Have Unearned IncomeUsed to calculate the tax on unearned income for children under a certain age threshold.
8801Credit for Prior Year Minimum Tax - Individuals, Estates, and TrustsUsed to compute the minimum tax credit for amounts paid in prior years and to calculate the credit limit for the current year.
8814Parents' Election To Report Child's Interest and DividendsAllows parents to report a child's interest and dividends on the parent's tax return.
8815Exclusion of Interest From Series EE and I U.S. Savings Bonds Issued After 1989Used to exclude from income interest from qualifying Series EE and I savings bonds used for higher education expenses.
8822Change of AddressUsed by taxpayers to notify the IRS of a change in home or business address.
8829Expenses for Business Use of Your HomeUsed by taxpayers to calculate and deduct expenses for business use of their home.
8832Entity Classification ElectionUsed by eligible entities to choose how they are classified for federal tax purposes: as a corporation, a partnership, or an entity disregarded as separate from its owner.
8839Qualified Adoption ExpensesAllows taxpayers to claim a credit for certain expenses related to the adoption of a child.
8853Archer MSAs and Long-Term Care Insurance ContractsUsed to report contributions to an Archer MSA and to figure a deduction or report distributions from Archer MSAs or Medicare Advantage MSAs.
8862Information To Claim Certain Credits After DisallowanceUsed by taxpayers to claim certain credits such as the earned income credit, American opportunity credit, and child tax credit, after they were previously disallowed.
8863Education Credits (American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning Credits)Used to calculate and claim your education credits.
8867Paid Preparer's Due Diligence ChecklistUsed by tax preparers to ensure they meet due diligence requirements when claiming certain credits for taxpayers.
8878IRS e-file Signature Authorization for Form 4868 or Form 2350Authorizes an ERO to e-file a return and extend the filing deadline using Form 4868 or Form 2350.
8879IRS e-file Signature AuthorizationUsed by taxpayers to authorize an electronic return originator (ERO) to e-file their tax return.
8880Credit for Qualified Retirement Savings ContributionsUsed to claim the saver's credit for contributions to a traditional or Roth IRA, 401(k), SIMPLE IRA, or other qualified retirement plan.
8888Allocation of Refund (Including Savings Bond Purchases)Allows taxpayers to split their tax refund among two or three financial accounts or to buy U.S. savings bonds.
8889Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)Used to report contributions to and distributions from Health Savings Accounts (HSAs).
8911Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property CreditProvides a credit for the cost of installing alternative fuel vehicle refueling equipment.
8915DQualified 2019 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and RepaymentsUsed for reporting distributions from retirement plans and IRAs due to 2019 qualified disasters, and repayments to those plans.
8915FQualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and RepaymentsUsed for reporting distributions from retirement plans and IRAs due to 2020 qualified disasters, and repayments to those plans.
8917Tuition and Fees DeductionUsed to claim a deduction for tuition and fees expenses for higher education.
8919Uncollected Social Security and Medicare Tax on WagesUsed by workers who were misclassified as independent contractors to figure and report their share of uncollected social security and Medicare taxes.
8936Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle CreditProvides a credit for purchasers of qualified plug-in electric vehicles, including passenger vehicles and light trucks.
8938Statement of Specified Foreign Financial AssetsUsed by taxpayers to report specified foreign financial assets if the total value exceeds the applicable reporting threshold.
8941Credit for Small Employer Health Insurance PremiumsUsed by small employers to calculate the tax credit for employee health insurance premiums.
8948Preparer's Explanation for Not Filing ElectronicallyUsed by tax preparers to explain why a return was not filed electronically.
8949Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital AssetsUsed to report sales and exchanges of capital assets not reported on another form or schedule.
8959Additional Medicare TaxUsed to calculate the Additional Medicare Tax on earnings above a threshold amount.
8960Net Investment Income Tax—Individuals, Estates, and TrustsUsed by individuals, estates, and trusts to calculate and report the Net Investment Income Tax.
8962Premium Tax Credit (PTC)Used to calculate the amount of premium tax credit and reconcile it with any advance payments of the premium tax credit (APTC).
8995-AQualified Business Income DeductionProvides a more detailed calculation for the qualified business income deduction under Section 199A for certain taxpayers.
8995Qualified Business Income Deduction Simplified ComputationUsed by taxpayers to calculate the qualified business income deduction under Section 199A.
940Employer's Annual Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax ReturnUsed by employers to report annual Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) tax.
941Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax ReturnUsed by employers to report income taxes, social security tax, or Medicare tax withheld from employee's paychecks.
9465Installment Agreement RequestUsed by taxpayers to request a monthly installment plan if they cannot pay the full amount of tax they owe.
982Reduction of Tax Attributes Due to Discharge of IndebtednessUsed by taxpayers to report the reduction of tax attributes due to the discharge of indebtedness.
990-EZShort Form Return of Organization Exempt from Income TaxA shorter version of Form 990 for smaller nonprofits to report their financial information.
990-NElectronic Notice (e-Postcard) for Tax-Exempt Organizations Not Required To File Form 990 or 990-EZFor small nonprofits to electronically submit basic information instead of filing Form 990 or 990-EZ.
990-PFReturn of Private FoundationUsed by private foundations to report income, expenses, and net assets.
990 Schedule APublic Charity Status and Public SupportDetails a nonprofit's public charity status and sources of public support.
990 Schedule BSchedule of ContributorsSupplemental form to 990, 990-EZ, and 990-PF reporting names and addresses of significant contributors.
990-TExempt Organization Business Income Tax ReturnFiled by tax-exempt organizations to report unrelated business income tax.
990Return of Organization Exempt from Income TaxUsed by tax-exempt organizations, nonexempt charitable trusts, and section 527 political organizations to provide the IRS with the information required by section 6033.
Schedule AItemized DeductionsUsed by taxpayers to list their itemized deductions on the tax return.
Schedule BInterest and Ordinary DividendsUsed by taxpayers to report interest and ordinary dividend income.
Schedule CProfit or Loss from Business (Sole Proprietorship)Used to report income or loss from a business operated or a profession practiced as a sole proprietor.
Schedule DCapital Gains and LossesUsed to report the sale or exchange of capital assets not reported on another form or schedule.
Schedule ESupplemental Income and LossUsed to report income or loss from rental real estate, royalties, partnerships, S corporations, estates, trusts, and residual interests in REMICs.
Schedule FProfit or Loss From FarmingUsed to report farm income and expenses.
Schedule HHousehold Employment TaxesUsed by employers to report taxes on wages paid to a household employee.
Schedule K-1Partner's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.Used by partnerships to report each partner's share of the partnership's income, deductions, credits, etc.
Schedule RCredit for the Elderly or the DisabledUsed to figure the credit for the elderly or the disabled.
Schedule SESelf-Employment TaxUsed to calculate and report self-employment tax owed by individuals who earn income from self-employment.
W-2Wage and Tax StatementUsed by employers to report employee income and withholdings to the IRS.
W-4Employee's Withholding CertificateUsed by employees to determine their income tax withholding.
W-9Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and CertificationUsed to provide your correct TIN to the person who is required to file an information return with the IRS.

Always refer to the IRS website or a tax professional for the most accurate and up-to-date information. provides general information and software tools for tax preparation; however, it does not offer personalized tax, legal, or professional advice. It's recommended to consult with a qualified professional for specific advice related to your financial situation.